Creating Safe, Healthy Communities
Streets Built for People
Public Streets Should Be Accessible to Everyone.
The South Carolina Livable Communities Alliance advocates for a state Complete Streets policy at the SC Department of Transportation, that supports the planning, designing, operation, and maintenance of public highways in a manner that provides safe, convenient and comfortable travel and access for users of all ages and abilities regardless of their mode of transportation.
Not Everyone Uses a Car to Get Around.
Complete streets or Multimodal streets make communities and neighborhoods more livable, by ensuring all road users of all ages and abilities —people walking, bicycling, driving, and catching a bus – can travel safely.
SCLCA Steering Committee
16 Mayors and counting.. Stay tuned for the full list.
Non-profit or community associations that support our cause.
- Palmetto Cycling Coalition
- AARP South Carolina
- ABLE South Carolina
- SC Alliance of YMCA’s
- Coastal Conservation League
- Eat Smart Move More South Carolina
- American Heart Association, SC Chapter
- SC Disability & Health Project
- National Safety Council, Southeastern Chapter
- Mission Readiness
- AAA Carolinas
- Women's Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN)
- Palmetto Clean Fuels Coalition
- SC Recreation & Parks Association
- East Coast Greenway Alliance, Regional Coordinator for SC
- Palmetto Clean Fuels Coalition
- SC Chapter, American Planning Association
- Partners for Active Living, Spartanburg
- Charleston Moves, Charleston
- Bike Walk Greenville, Greenville
- Midlands Transit Riders Association, Columbia
- Cola Town Bike Collective, Columbia
- Upstate Forever, Greenville & Spartanburg
- Sustainable Midlands, Columbia
- Bicycle Advisory Committee, Hilton Head Island
- Metanoia, Charleston
- National Action Network of Columbia, Columbia
- Best Friends of Lowcountry Transit, Charleston
- Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority (The COMET), Columbia
- Charleston Trident Urban League, Charleston
- Lowcountry Alliance for Model Communities (LAMC), Charleston
Business and Hospital Partners
For profit state and local businesses that support our cause.
- Bicycle Corporation of America, Manning
- Generator Power Solutions, Columbia
- Grand Strand Health, Myrtle Beach
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
- McBurney Integrative Neurology, LLC, Greenville
- Spartanburg Regional Hospital, Spartanburg
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, Greenville
- Palmetto Health, Columbia
- Soda City, Columbia
- Loci, LLC
- ALTA Planning, Greenville
- Yaffe Mobility Consulting, Rock Hill
By The NumbersSouth Carolina Needs to Know THe Facts.
By The Numbers
Studies show that improving infrastructure design, in coordination with repaving opportunities as systems age, enables safer streets and then improved health, livability, transportation equity, economic growth and sustainability.
WHAT WE NEED
The SC Livable Communities Alliance supports a state Multimodal policy that:
Working Toward Our Future.
Our Alliance seeks a policy that better enables a modern, multimodal network of streets and highways, benefitting the state economically and improving the quality of life for our citizens.
Join us in our initiative to bring a multimodal policy to South Carolina, so we can see a healthier, safer, more equitable and economicaly sustainable state. Let's get started.